Coinsurance

A percentage of a covered service that you are responsible for paying. For example,if your plan has 20% coinsurance for a healthcare service, you would pay 20% of the cost and your plan would pay the remaining 80%. Coinsurance may be lower for in-network services.

Glossary Topic:

Audience:

Node Weight: 
0

Healthcare Words Category:

Healthcare Reform Glossary: 
Yes